This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Storage question

How does one find how much storage GPS models have?
Is there a place online that might have that information?

Thank you

Comments

• Yes, the website of each manufacturer lists the "technical specifications" of each of their models.

Go to Garmin.com & browse through the different moels.

If you are looking for an all encompassing table that compares models "side to side" I don't know... haven't looked for one.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    Go to Garmin.com & browse through the different moels.
    That isn't going to help with the Nuvi series, unless you know of a link that I don't. If you look at Nuvi spec's there is one for "Built-in Memory". For every model, it just says "yes", which is ridiculous. That's a holdover from long ago when not all Garmin units had built-in memory.

Now if you look at Garmin handhelds, it actually does say how much memory each model has. But for some reason, Garmin doesn't think we need to know how much memory the nuvi's have.
  • t923347 432 Points
    They have done some work over at POI-Factory.com to compile a complete listing of internal memory sizes for the Nuvi. Go there and search for "Garmin Internal Memory Sizes".
  • It also depends on where you buy it.
    Many European models (even with the same model number as other countries) have larger internal memory due to European maps being bigger than North American or Australian maps.
  • Go to Garmin.com & browse through the different moels.

That isn't going to help with the Nuvi series, unless you know of a link that I don't. If you look at Nuvi spec's there is one for "Built-in Memory". For every model, it just says "yes", which is ridiculous. That's a holdover from long ago when not all Garmin units had built-in memory.

Now if you look at Garmin handhelds, it actually does say how much memory each model has. But for some reason, Garmin doesn't think we need to know how much memory the nuvi's have.
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

I just remembered the specs listed a field that mentioned internal memory...

That 'lll teach me to speak before doing the proper research myself...