This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Lifetime maps options......

Thinking about purchasing the Garmin Lifetime maps (City). Question is: Can this be downloaded to my pc over the "lifetime" plan and downloaded to multiple Garmin handhelds/auto units, or is the map locked to just one device as website states? I'll assume this topic has come up before, I searched and couldn't find it, so sorry for rehashing an old topic!

Thanks,

Bruce

Comments

• sviking 141 Points
    Thinking about purchasing the Garmin Lifetime maps (City). Question is: Can this be downloaded to my pc over the "lifetime" plan and downloaded to multiple Garmin handhelds/auto units, or is the map locked to just one device as website states? I'll assume this topic has come up before, I searched and couldn't find it, so sorry for rehashing an old topic!

Thanks,

Bruce
    It's true. Why would they say that if it weren't? Every time you download an update, you can update the computer, as well. But, you cannot *legally* install the map to more than one device.
  • The lifetime is the unit that it is originally used on.
    You cannot use the maps on different units, each unit needs it's own lifetime subscription.