This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Lifetime Map Purchase: Digital download code or credit card?

Wirenut2266 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
Alright fellas, dumb question, but I need to ask: Been looking around the "net" deciding where to purchase Garmin's Lifetime Map subscription. I am going to buy download version, and install on PC and go from there. I notice some folks just sell the digital "Unlock Code", while other folks sell the little black "credit card" retail version. I'll assume there is no difference cept. the obvious, or does one have an advantage over the other?

Thanks, Bruce

Yes, The new Montana 650 is SWEET! I'm still running version firmware 3.90, still too chicken to dump ver. 3.96 Beta in it!!!! :roll:

Comments

• Boyd 1969 Points
    I still love my Montana 600 also. :)

Just to be clear however, if you want lifetime maps for your Montana you first must purchase the DVD version of City Navigator. Lifetime maps would be a separate purchase in addition to the original DVD. And only the DVD version is eligible for the lifetime updates - you can't add lifetime maps to the download or SD card versions .

One other thing to consider when shopping - have you registered your Montana yet? If not, then do so at garmin.com. After you register they will send you a 10% discount certificate for one item on their site. So compare purchasing from Garmin with the 10% discount to the prices you see on other sites.
  • roadster 96 Points
    cc you have it, Digital you lose it. your choice, just update to a newer gps that has lifetime already built in, for ummm 90.00 and up

love my navigo,.