This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

how backup and restore my nuvi ?

Hi

i did a search but i did not find a true answer

can i under windows 7 use total commander ?

set the nuvi in usb

copy all the files/subfolder to a folder in my hard disk

this should be a backup

to restore
can i delete all the files inside the nuvi
and after copy all my backup from my hard disk to my nuvi?
does it work?
thanks
cheers

Comments

• t923347 432 Points
    Yes. As long as Windows can see all the files then you can backup and restore using Total Commander or even a simple Copy and Paste from the Nuvi to your computer.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    The maps are stored in an invisible folder, not sure if your backup software will see that. I suggest you look at our thread on how to backup your Nuvi
  • drugo 91 Points
    The maps are stored in an invisible folder, not sure if your backup software will see that. I suggest you look at our thread on how to backup your Nuvi
    thanks
    but windows 7 with the setting to show hidden and system file should see these file , does't it?
  • drugo 91 Points
    Yes. As long as Windows can see all the files then you can backup and restore using Total Commander or even a simple Copy and Paste from the Nuvi to your computer.
    to restore i have to delete all file on my nuvi and copy the backup file

format is not a good idea , is it?

thanks
  • alanb 539 Points
    I don't think either method is a "good idea" unless you are trying to resolve some specific problem. Why invite trouble unless something is wrong?
  • drugo 91 Points
    I don't think either method is a "good idea" unless you are trying to resolve some specific problem. Why invite trouble unless something is wrong?
    because i want to try to update again my garmin with full voices , the mapuploader should save the extra files on the sd
  • drugo 91 Points
    thanks
    did you do a test ?
    i mean did you do once?

thanks