This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 2555LMT map issue

When my 2555 LMT starts, I get the all the other screen info, but no actual map. It even gives me the prompts as I drive. It doesn't happen every time, but maybe every other time.

I tried looking for this problem from other people with no luck. I've had many Garmin's, but this is the first time I've seen this.

Comments

• DaveP 0 Points
    I had a gray screen on my 2555LMT and e-mail Garmin Support. I completely powered off, held down the lower right corner and powered up, and reset the unit. MAPS again!
  • I finally gave up on that one and traded for a new one. New one works perfectly.
  • drugo 91 Points
    I had a gray screen on my 2555LMT and e-mail Garmin Support. I completely powered off, held down the lower right corner and powered up, and reset the unit. MAPS again!
    i have 2545 , how can i reset it ? lower right corner too?

did you clean/delete files like voices before update?

thanks
  • sussamb 813 Points
    It should reset the same way, should you need to :?:
  • drugo 91 Points
    It should reset the same way, should you need to :?:
    better to know
    one i did a mistake , i kept my finger on the blue triangle ,during the boot , and the nuvi asked me to erase settings
  • DaveP 0 Points
    I suppose it works the same. And it does reset (erase) everything.
  • SergZak 340 Points
    And it does reset (erase) everything.
    Just to clarify, the only things a hard reset erases are user unit settings and favorites along with recent finds. Also cleared is the satellite almanac data.

A hard reset does NOT erase maps (neither user-loaded nor preinstalled), user-loaded POIs, voices, etc.
  • DaveP 0 Points
    I have not added any POIs, but it did reset all settings that I changed from the default.