This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

CN Europe 2013.40 stored on my sd, can i copy to a new sd?

Hi

i used garmin express because in the homepage i can not find garmin mapupdatter

well i run garmin express , it was amazing fast to download firmware 7.70 and the 2013.40 files

before start to install it asked to use a sd
well i had brand new sandisk ultra 8GB 30mb&s 200X

so i used this sd and garmin express stored most of my file on the sd

well may i ask 2 questions?

1) is my sd enough fast for garmin ?

2) if i buy a bigger like a 16gb sd , can i copy all files to the new sd?
or could be a problem?
i mean i know garmin uses sd serial number to pretect their files
in short does someone copied the contained of the sd to another sd and tried if garmin works

thanks

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    You can copy the files you've downloaded to another card should you wish and it should work fine in your GPS. However there's really no need, the one you have if it's working will be large enough to outlast your GPS I suspect, and while larger cards can work Garmins advice is to stick to cards up to 8Gb, see this FAQ:

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={a43e2650-1794-11e0-7efa-000000000000}
  • drugo 91 Points
    You can copy the files you've downloaded to another card should you wish and it should work fine in your GPS. However there's really no need, the one you have if it's working will be large enough to outlast your GPS I suspect, and while larger cards can work Garmins advice is to stick to cards up to 8Gb, see this FAQ:

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={a43e2650-1794-11e0-7efa-000000000000}
    thanks
    but i guess the new firmware for example 7.70 should handle 16gb cards

but the sandisk 8g ultra 30mb up to (200X) do you think it's fast enough?

thanks!
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Read what the FAQ says, it may cope with a 16Gb card, and I know some folks have had no problems with 16Gb cards, but it's not guaranteed even with the latest firmware.

As for speed, your card should be fine.