This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

What GPS Units have "Breadcrumbs" Route Track Log?

Ok, It's garage sale season here in the midwest and I'm looking to get a new GPS that has a track log or "bread crumbs". I have this feature built into our 2008 Chrysler Town And County Van but not on my portable GPS that I use in my other vehicle. What I would like to know is what is a good GPS unit that will track my route as I go through subdivision garage sales that let me know what streets I have already been down. I'm looking to spend aroud 50 to 70 dollars for one that I can pick up used on Ebay. PLEASE HELP....Garage Sale Season is in full trottle! Thanks.

Comments

• Boyd 1999 Points
    With the Nuvi , I believe the tracklog became standard beginning with the 700 series. But the model numbering scheme is so wacky, that probably won't be a lot of help. :?

Here's a page showing the history of the Nuvi. Looking at table 1, readiing from left to right, this is how I think it goes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Garmin_products#N.C3.BCvi_Series

2x0 series - NO
    2x5 series - YES
    3xx series -NO
    4xx series - YES
    5xx series - YES
    6xx series - NO

From that point on, all of the models have the tracklog feature. In other words, the 7xx, 8xx, 9xx, 11xx, etc all have a tracklog.
  • You might have to explain to the OP (and me) how to actually view the track history. I assume I have the track log on my 765, but I've never seen an option to view track history on-screen. I assume I have to use Basecamp or Mapsource to view track history on my PC?
  • Boyd 1999 Points
    On the Nuvi this is called the "trip log". It is ALWAYS recording if your device has this feature. You cannot disable it. However you can choose whether to display it on the map or not, and you can clear it.

The way to show it varies by models. On your 765, take a look in Tools > My Data and you will probably find it. Have a look in the user manual, you can download from Garmin's site if you don't already have it:

http://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-00715-71&language=en&country=US
  • alanb 556 Points
    On 7x5 nuvi, trip log display is enabled by Tools > Settings > Map > Trip Log > Show. The current trip log is deleted with Tools > My Data > Clear Trip Log.
  • :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm one of those odd individuals that actually reads the manual. I did browse through my 765 manual when I bought the unit back in 2009, but obviously missed the trip log discussion, all three lines of it, on page 38. :D