This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

qstarz vs samsung s3 mini

user313 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
I have a Samsung s3 mini and a qstarz 818xt external bluetooth GPS receiver. I test these devices for some time and couldn't decide which one have better gps. When both see clear sky s3 can lock to much more satellites. Behind a wooden door or at the back of the room also s3 mini is much better even without agps. But when I put them in a metal box 818xt locks to 3 satellites while s3 mini doesn't have a signal. Before every test I delete gps data and disable it.how can I decide which has better gps especially indoors and behind obstacles. Shouldn't qstarz do better since it has a better chip

Comments

• patruns 10 Points
    I believe you are over thinking this. Test them indoors and outdoors. Forget the metal box. You are never going to operate under those conditions anyway. :)
  • user313 0 Points
    I will use gps for security reasons and when someone kidnaps a child they put them in a cars trunk and later to somewhere indoors . I will put qstarz to trunk of a car to test today I will post the results. I'm not paranoid or controlling generally but there had been kidnappings in my area. I need this till we move out
  • sussamb 765 Points
    I think you're in the wrong forum ... maybe even the wrong planet :?
  • patruns 10 Points
    I think you're in the wrong forum ... maybe even the wrong planet :?
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I noticed his other post was about GLONASS so perhaps he has a point. ;)
  • sussamb 765 Points
    Hmmm ... :wink:
  • user313 0 Points
    There are lots of missing children every year and we live in a risky area so i have to do something.