This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

west europe 2014.10 garmin software are rubbish

Hi

i update my garmin with mapuploader and garmin express

garmin software are rubbish

they did install all my the files in my unit and did keep the (previous map and jvc in sd)

so i have 2013.40 and 2013.40 jvc in my sd
and 2014.10 and jvc in my unit :shock: :shock:

what can i say?
at least my garmin works!

Comments

• t923347 432 Points
    I'm confused. Did you want the 2014.10 to be installed on the SD card? If so, did you tell either Garmin Express or MapUpdater to put it there? If not, how would you expect the update program to put the updated maps anywhere other than on the device? Did you expect that the update would delete the old maps off the SD card when it put the update on the GPS? How would it know to do that? :roll:
  • drugo 91 Points
    I'm confused. Did you want the 2014.10 to be installed on the SD card? If so, did you tell either Garmin Express or MapUpdater to put it there? If not, how would you expect the update program to put the updated maps anywhere other than on the device? Did you expect that the update would delete the old maps off the SD card when it put the update on the GPS? How would it know to do that? :roll:
    well the softwares did not give me the possibility to choice to store the map in the unit

it did it without asking me nothing :(

how can i tell to garmin express or mapuploader to put in the sd?

but is the new update (i mean 2014.10) more small (i'm talking about size) then 2013.40?

thanks
  • t923347 432 Points
    The software defaults to putting the maps on the units. It may tell you that there isn't enough space and use the SD card but if there is enough space for the maps your attempting to install it will put them on the unit. You have to tell the software to put them on the SD card, because, once again, the internal storage on the unit is the default location.

The latest version of Garmin Express has the ability to direct the update to the SD card if you tell it to. With MapUpdater I believe you have to save the map files to your computer and then use Garmin's MapInstall to send the update to the SD card (I could be wrong here as I don't have a Nuvi where I put the maps on a card).

I have no idea what size the maps are that your installing but using up less space doesn't sound right. They are normally bigger. Are you updating the same region of Europe you did the last time?
  • jdgwinnell 91 Points
    3.0 MB for the whole of Europe, which is a bit bigger than last time (as usual).