This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

is the a site like google map with coordinates ?

Hi

is there a site like google map with coordinates?

i mean i know i can plug my garmin but almost everytime is in my car

google map doesn't give me coordinates

for example --http://en.wikigogo.org/en/1302/ gives coordinates: (51.603161°, -1.121206°) that should work with garmin

in short without plug my garmin is a map service with coordinates about street ,place ?

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    Garmin's Basecamp allows you to enter coordinates, if that's what you're asking?

http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/shop/downloads/basecamp
  • drugo 91 Points
    Garmin's Basecamp allows you to enter coordinates, if that's what you're asking?

http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/shop/downloads/basecamp
    nope
    i 'm looking a web service like google map but with coordinates too

so i can write the coordinates on my mobile or on a paper and when i 'm my car , i can set in my garmin destination ->coordinates
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Google maps will give you co-ords, just click 'what's here' :wink:
  • drugo 91 Points
    Google maps will give you co-ords, just click 'what's here' :wink:
    :oops:
    does garmin accept co-ords
    like 51.397813, 0.003233 or +51° 23' 52.13", +0° 0' 11.64"

thanks sussamb!
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Depending on your Garmin it'll accept various coord formats ... you'll need to check yours. My nuvi accepts 3 lat/long versions plus a long lsit of map grids :D
  • drugo 91 Points
    Depending on your Garmin it'll accept various coord formats ... you'll need to check yours. My nuvi accepts 3 lat/long versions plus a long lsit of map grids :D
    my garmin accept 4
    h ddd.ddddd°
    h ddd°mm.mmm'
    h ddd° mm'ss.s"
    us national

with N and E
    but i can't enter
    48.705463, 2.507172

or +48° 42' 19.67", +2° 30' 25.82"

what's wrong?
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Latitude and longitude coordinates can be formatted in three different ways:

Degrees (d.d°) - 49.5000°, -123.5000°
    Minutes (d°m.m') - 49°30.0', -123°30.0'
    Seconds (d°m's'') - 49°30'00"N, 123°30'00"W

Just select Decimal degrees for the first one, you may have to drop the last number as I think nuvis only accept up to 5 decimal points
  • popej 57 Points
    Instead of +/- you have to enter N/S or E/W. And for small values of degree there should be added leading zeros.
  • Google maps will give you co-ords, just click 'what's here' :wink:
    And if you use "Classic" Google Maps on a desktop -- as opposed to mobile -- browser, you can add the "LatLng Tooltip" by clicking on "Maps Labs", scrolling down, choosing "Enable", and clicking "Save Changes".

Then, just hold down the <shift> key to see the coordinates for whatever the cursor is pointing to.

(Of course, since it's a "Lab", it could be disabled at any time.)
  • Ramaprem 112 Points
    With Google Earth, one can change its preferences to display the different forms of latitude/longitude. The settings/units will display how one wishes them to, when the curser is over the map.