This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Recognizing state highway

How do I get my 760 to recognize a state highway known as RT 130? I've tried several different spellings.

Comments

• gatorguy 327 Points
    Did you try just "130"?
  • Have you tried zooming into the map where the highway is and see what the Garmin calls it?
  • Boyd 2027 Points
    You are probably out of luck. In my experience, Garmin uses the local name for numbered state routes. These change every few miles sometimes, as you pass through each town along the way. We have had a few other threads about frustration with state/county highway numbers. But it's worth trying Gator's suggestion anyway.
  • That did it!
  • gatorguy 327 Points
    When in doubt, I often will type just part of the name and let my nuvi offer matches. Sometimes I'm not positive of the spelling and other times it's just plain faster. For instance, typing just "oak" might offer street matches like Oakwood, Willow Oak, or Oak Street West and Oak Street East.
  • We have had a few other threads about frustration with state/county highway numbers.
    +1 this is BAD, especially for medium and small towns across America - where ONLY Highway NUMBERS can be found. I ride cross-country thru small towns so....

I saw, but can not find now, a link for Suggestions to Garmin.
    ?? where is that link ??
    If hundreds of us made the same Suggestion - it might work.
  • t923347 533 Points
    We have had a few other threads about frustration with state/county highway numbers.

+1 this is BAD, especially for medium and small towns across America - where ONLY Highway NUMBERS can be found. I ride cross-country thru small towns so....

I saw, but can not find now, a link for Suggestions to Garmin.
    ?? where is that link ??
    I wonder if the other threads referred to are over 4 years old like the one quoted here. :wink:
  • We have had a few other threads about frustration with state/county highway numbers.

[quoteI wonder if the other threads referred to are over 4 years old like the one quoted here. :wink:

So you are saying this has been a problem for OVER FOUR YEARS and neither Garmin or you guys have done anything about it ??
  • kenp 92 Points

So you are saying this has been a problem for OVER FOUR YEARS and neither Garmin or you guys have done anything about it ??
    It's probably being processed through Navteq's map error correction department. :)

Since we have not heard from the original poster for the past four years, we can assume that he found Rt. 130. Like everyone who's gotten onto that road, we'll likely never see or hear anything of him again.

Ken
  • Boyd 2027 Points
    I have looked at Navteq's maps on their own site. For my state (NJ) they did in fact show both route numbers and names. So I think Navteq already has the data. Garmin has just chosen not to use (or display) them.

As for the rest, "So you are saying this has been a problem for OVER FOUR YEARS and neither Garmin or you guys have done anything about it ??".... give me a break. If you don't like Garmin products, don't buy them. This issue of route numbers doesn't get me excited enough to "do anything" about it.

But if you really want to waste your time, Garmin just rolled out a new way to do this. http://garminuserpanel.questionpro.com