This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 3597 - phone icon dissapeared after upgrading to 4.30

I still can use the phone, connects through Bluetooth and works, but the icon disappeared from the menu in navigation mode.
Garmin support is useless, they suggested the phone is not compatible...
The icon was there before upgrading the firmware; anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks.

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    Do a hard reset, that should bring it back.
  • AndreyT 105 Points
    Garmin support is useless, they suggested the phone is not compatible...
    Garmin support apparently believes their customers are... er... intellectually deficient.
  • t923347 432 Points
    edited May 2014
    Although I never realized that it had disappeared, your right it has. There appears to a problem of some sort as although you can go to Settings - Map & Vehicle - Map Tools - Select Map Tools and see the Phone entry there you can't actually select Phone (pressing the check box does nothing). Unless you can pick the Phone entry there and Save your selections the Phone icon will not appear on the map screen when you press the 3Bar icon in the bottom right corner (your second picture above).
  • alanb 539 Points
    Hmmm ...iI is still there for me on my 3597, so I wonder if it is related to specific phones. I updated to 4.30 when it came out, using Web Updater.
  • kwhunter 0 Points
    Hmmm ...iI is still there for me on my 3597, so I wonder if it is related to specific phones. I updated to 4.30 when it came out, using Web Updater.
    It was there before 4.30 and the phone was the same; I don't think the phone brand or OS matters since Bluetooth is the link
  • kwhunter 0 Points
    Although I never realized that it had disappeared, your right it has. There appears to a problem of some sort as although you can go to Settings - Map & Vehicle - Map Tools - Select Map Tools and see the Phone entry there you can't actually select Phone (pressing the check box does nothing). Unless you can pick the Phone entry there and Save your selections the Phone icon will not appear on the map screen when you press the 3Bar icon in the bottom right corner (your second picture above).
    That's exactly what it is; hard reset won't do anything.
  • kwhunter 0 Points
    Solved the mystery... It was unchecked in Settings > Map & Vehicle > Map Tools; after the upgrade since it was on before.
    Sad that you can't get help from Garmin product support people... very sad.