This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

New forum format

Fellas, one thing that's missing is an easy-to-use "Mark All Viewed" menu selection. I realize there's one buried behind one of the icons at the top right, but that's not very handy.

Thanks.

Comments

• privet01 221 Points
    It's not readily apparent which sub-forums have unread posts either when at the 'Home' or 'Categories' page.

But we'll persevere......... :| Change is good.... right?
  • DerekW 132 Points
    edited July 2014
    OK so please tell us which of the icons at the top right of the screen has the Mark All Viewed option.

Life is too short to play detective

I now see a message has come up saying that the "Mark Viewed" option has been suspended due to performance reasons. No doubt the performance problems caused by having to serve up all the stupid graphics elements.
  • DerekW 132 Points
    edited July 2014
    And for what purpose has code been written to include the badges and medals and all that useless crap been included in the system. This is not a forum for junior school children.

I do not need to be reminded how many years I have been a "member" of this forum so why allocate graphics to illustrate the number of years of membership.
  • SkipD 91 Points
    edited July 2014
    I agree with the above regarding the "badges" and such.

I really miss the "Mark Viewed" tool even if it was hidden behind the star-shaped icon at the extreme upper right of the page.

Forum Admins - PLEASE get the "Mark Viewed" tool repaired and available at the top of the page in much the way it was in the previous rendition of the forum (prior to this screen layout).

Thanks.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    edited July 2014
  • DerekW 132 Points
    Another issue, I used the Preview option to check through a post and discovered that I could not edit the source text while viewing the preview display - in most forums I use this is a given process.

Come on whoever is developing this code check out the Forum 101 class and see how the older style Forums work.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    You can still edit after you preview. Just click the edit button below the preview.

Really guys…. relax…. it's only a forum. ;)
  • privet01 221 Points
    Yeah, the little badges and stuff are hokey to me also, but as this is likely software that was 'bought off the shelf', we are likely stuck with that. Personnally I've always liked forums that use phpBB, but I'm sure we'll get used to this one just like we did the previous two.
  • DerekW 132 Points
    edited July 2014
    but you cannot edit and preview at the same time, you have to exit preview before editing the text

another vote for phpBB - "the standard"