This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

CN EU 2015.40

For those interested Garmin have just loaded CN EU 2015.40 onto the servers, so should be released shortly.

Comments

• Sunrise 101 Points
    Thanks for the heads up Sussamb ready for our trip through France to Spain in March.
  • jonnop 101 Points
    Any info about the NT version? My 1490 is still running on 2015.20.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    As far as I know the NT version of 2015.40 should be released alongside the NTU version.
  • jonnop 101 Points
    Hopefully then before next we take a few days away travelling.
  • DerekW 132 Points
    If you are going away you want to be on a level of maps and software that you know are working. Unless you are aware that there has been major updates relevant to where you are going. ie a new city or major part of a city has been built.
  • jonnop 101 Points
    I asked Garmin support if they had a clue as to the possible release date. The reply was:
    "Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.
    I am happy to help with your query.
    As of todays' date we have no date for the new map release.
    Please help us improve the service we offer you by taking our Customer Support survey. Please click the following link: "
    Not sure whether to bother with the Customer Support survey.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Latest on the Garmin forums from one of their 'Subject Matter Experts' is that release is due first week of March ...
  • drugo 91 Points
    sussamb said:

Latest on the Garmin forums from one of their 'Subject Matter Experts' is that release is due first week of March ...

thanks
    so for europe we have to wait March...
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Seems like it, but at least it's on its way, the NA map isn't even on the servers yet.
  • drugo 91 Points
    does sombody download it with garmin express?

thanks
  • sussamb 813 Points
    I'd be surprised as it's still not been released.
  • drugo 91 Points
    sussamb said:

I'd be surprised as it's still not been released.

hi
    sorry i can not download the wester europe map via garmin express
    what's wrong ? may i know which program did you use to download the last europe map?
    thanks
  • sussamb 813 Points
    As I said, 2015.40 isn't available yet. Or are you trying to download 2015.30?
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Just been checking and I'm told it will be released this Wednesday.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Now available
  • jonnop 101 Points
    edited March 2015
    I asked support yesterday about the expected release and received the following this morning:
    "
    Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.
    There is no set date as of yet.
    Garmin aims to release updates four times a year. The last up date was in the final quarter or 2014 so I would expect the release within this quarter.
    If there is anything else you need please do not hesitate to let me know.
    Please help us improve the service we offer you by taking our Customer Support survey. Please click the following link: "
    Perhaps the service could be improved by providing accurate information!
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited March 2015
    You heard it here first lol

Incidentally as I know you need the NT version it is also available.
  • Chris_Sav 125 Points
    Download keeps failing here, to device/PC and just to PC.

Will leave it until the morning,.when it should be quieter.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    My download to PC and device went fine, but I suspect the servers are now on overload ;)
  • Zemartelo 207 Points
    Any guesses if the US map will be released before the end of the month?
  • t923347 432 Points
    Probably not the best place to ask this as it is a thread titled E U maps but since you asked, the manifest has been loaded to the Garmin servers so, yes definitely maybe it should be released by the end of the month.
    ;)
  • Chris_Sav 125 Points
    Updated OK this morning though I had to force recalculation on planned trips as some sections showed as straight lines not following roads
  • sussamb 813 Points
    That's pretty normal after a map update.
  • jonnop 101 Points
    Chris_Sav said:

Download keeps failing here, to device/PC and just to PC.

Will leave it until the morning,.when it should be quieter.

My download failed using Garmin Express but worked fine with Mapupdater. Took ages to come down - about three hours.