This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Mark all topics read?

I have recently found this forum.. and every topic is new, naturally. Is there a way to mark them all as read, so that I can tell which topics have new material / responses?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    edited April 12
    Afraid not. But the 'new' tag seems to still work ok. The number of views of a topic has also been broken for many months and might not be working properly.
    The truth is that this site is not overly active (the same fate as all GPS dedicated sites actually) so maintenance of the software is not a high priority by the poers that be.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    @Ralph2689 If you go to this link that should do the trick for you.
  • dhn 336 Points
    edited April 13
    Sorry Tim. That link just brings you back to this thread.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    @dhn, yes, it should bring you back to the place you were previously at after marking all topics as read.
  • Ralph2689 0 Points
    edited April 13
    It would be helpful if that link were a button on the menu where one could use it at will. Or..perhaps easier to implement in a sticky.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    It is available per category by clicking the gear icon and site-wide in the menu bar. The whole feature was disabled for quite some time as it caused some performance issues.

Frankly, I kind of dislike the feature as it does (and promotes) the opposite of what most people really want. Most people want to see posts new since their last visit highlighted. (That isn't a feature we have here.) Marking something read that you didn't read achieves a similar goal, but is a bit backwards.

Kind of like sorting a book you don't want to read into a box of books you have read to get it out of you're "haven't yet read" box.