This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Sofware versions - What do you have??

homebrew1994 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I've been having problems getting the TMC to work on my model 2100. Tech support indicated it was a software issue.
I am curious how many versions of the Windows CE and the Navigon software are out there?

I got my unit on Black Friday at Staples in the Philadelphia suburbs.

My software versions:

CE Version: R00.U.0914
Program: 071016-2300

You can find this by starting at the starting menu (where you cannot back out any further), choose OPTIONS, then SETTINGS, then OPTIONS again and finally PRODUCT INFORMATION.

Comments

• What was the code that you entered in the activation/unlock code section? They finally returned my email and stated that some of the codes that were generated were not working?

John
  • What was the code that you entered in the activation/unlock code section? They finally returned my email and stated that some of the codes that were generated were not working?

John
    That code would be unique to your unit. It is based on the serial number of the unit. My traffic IS unlocked, just not working.

I am only looking to see if there are multiple versions of the software out there.

John
    Yeah that's a good one John D

What's your activation code? Could you post it for everyone to see and use on this open forum - nice try.

John

Yeah that's a good one John D

What's your activation code? Could you post it for everyone to see and use on this open forum - nice try.
    Even if posted. I would think once it's used, it's dead.
  • You can find this by starting at the starting menu (where you cannot back out any further), choose OPTIONS, then SETTINGS, then OPTIONS again and finally PRODUCT INFORMATION.

Thanks, I found my info on my 7100 to be
    ver 6.5 build 66
    CE ver RO8US.3.0709
    program 070721-0230

Can you tell me the web site and the steps to upgrade to newer versions? Also any customer service contact info if you have it. Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Can you tell me the web site and the steps to upgrade to newer versions?
    Go to their website and register your unit and sign up for the "MyNavigon" account. In a few weeks they will send you an e-mail with details on how to download the new North American version of their Navigon Fresh software. Install it. Connect your 7100 to your computer via USB and start the Navigon Fresh program. Choose Update. It will automatically update everything for you, just follow the prompts :wink:
    ver 6.5 build 66
    Ours is build 77.

• Go to their website and register your unit and sign up for the "MyNavigon" account. In a few weeks they will send you an e-mail with details on how to download the new North American version of their Navigon Fresh software. Install it. Connect your 7100 to your computer via USB and start the Navigon Fresh program. Choose
    Update. It will automatically update everything for you, just follow the prompts :wink:
    ver 6.5 build 66
    Ours is build 77.
    Will this software ( Fresh ) be useable on a mac? I'm using the latest OS 10.5.1.
  • Tim 1497 Points
    According to the NAVIGON press release:

NAVIGON Fresh will be compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Mac OS X.

• Will this software ( Fresh ) be useable on a mac?
    I hope so, but the current version is for PC only. A few months ago they said that it would be for Macs too, so we'll just have to wait and see. Having said that though I'll probably still just use the PC version because I don't want to lose space by inadvertently installing all of those messy 'DS' files that Macs add on. Ran into that problem with the garmins. We should know in a week or two what the story is about the Mac version though.
  • According to the NAVIGON press release:

NAVIGON Fresh will be compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Mac OS X.
    Thanks for the replies. I'm holding off on a purchase till then. I've recently used a TT 720 and wasn't thrilled with the function. A quick question, I played with a demo 7100 at a Best Buy and the screen response was definitely a problem, has this been improved in the newer units?
  • Go back and see what version it is. Ours is version 77 and we have no issue with it. The update is supposed to tweak this even further.

Speaking of Mac, Garmin announced today that they have expanded their suite of Apple Macintosh-compatible applications to include waypoint, track, and route management.
  • What is the current Program?
    My Nav 7100 Program is 070815-1636
  • My 2100 is:

Ver 6.5 build 44
    CE Version: R00.U.0920
    Program: 071016-2300
  • Within a few weeks??

I registered at My Navigon and January 3, 2008 and heven't gotten that e-mail yet!