This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon Support?? TMC issue

videopete 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
:(
Navigon support - I get different answers everytime I email them - I guess it depends on who answers the question.
TMC not working on 2100 (2120 in Canada) - zero, nada nothing shows up at all, stations are autotuning, icon turns from red to white periodically then sits on white for quite some time (tuned).
Under the Traffic menu though, nothing, not a single line - has anyone experienced this? Anything I could try that might help.
Navigon tells me the company who supplies the data for the TMC traffic alerts does have very good coverage in my area.
When I visit their website, my area is 100% fully covered (Toronto Canada) plus many many more surrounding areas. I don't think Navigon has an answer for this technical problem. I hope a fix comes out soon otherwise this TMC is totally useless. Any thoughts? Similar stories? fixes? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'm in the same boat here with my 2100 (Philadelphia).

Check with realtimetraffic.com email their customer service and find out what stations they broadcast on. Then manually tune to one and lock to the station.
    Hope for the best.
  • Did you buy the service and activate it from their website? It is not standard on the 2100.
  • Yes.
    It's active like I mentioned, just not working or receiving any traffic alerts, zero.
  • Are you using the car charger?

Navigon claims that it has a built in TMC antenna.

That's a good point MPBsr25 :) The 2100 is set up differently than the 51/7100 antenna wise. The TMC antenna is indeed inside the 12 volt power adapter BUT the charger cable does not need to be connected to the car's cigarette lighter for the antenna to work, just simply plug it into the 2100 and place it on your dash :wink:

Keep in mind that it could take up to 5 minutes to receive a signal in your area IF this is the first time that TMC is successfully used.

That's a good point MPBsr25 :) The 2100 is set up differently than the 51/7100 antenna wise. The TMC antenna is indeed inside the 12 volt power adapter BUT the charger cable does
    not need to be connected to the car's cigarette lighter for the antenna to work, just simply plug it into the 2100 and place it on your dash :wink:

Keep in mind that it could take up to 5 minutes to receive a signal in your area IF this is the first time that TMC is used.
    True, but if you're going to plug it into the 2100, might as well charge it the same time.
  • I agree, but it's nice to know that you don't have to, just in case the cigarette lighter socket doesn't work :wink:
  • gman75 0 Points
    Another problem is that a power socket grounded to the vehicle chassis could introduce ground loop interference defeating the antenna. I had that situation and found that I received traffic information when the cord was attached but not plugged into the socket but never when plugged in. Connecting to a different socket also resolved the problem.
  • Yes it was plugged in to the car adaptor - I was driving when testing but it is always plugged into the 12V as well, I never tried removing it from the 12V while keeping it plugged into the GPS - will give that a try as soon as possible.