This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TT and TA problem?

greenapple 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I was using my 760 and 920 today to guide me to a location. The 920 showed me a shorter route about 1 mile less than the 760. So I followed the 920 and ended up on a private driveway where the 920 wants me to keep moving forwards. Obviously, I have to stop since it is not a road and followed the 760 directions thereafter. I was disappointed that it ended up this way and caused me some delayed time instead of being a mile less.

I have noticed that the 920 will show driveway of houses and wondered if the TT or TA did something wrong here as far as real roads connected to driveway roads will be interpreted as real roads.

Has anyone run into this problem with the TomTom's? I started having phobias when attempting to use the 920 for directions. For the most part, it serve me well before this incident.

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I've seen one other person who showed me an area that had people's driveways mapped, but it is quite rare. I agree though that for the areas it is happening in it can pose a problem in some circumstances.
  • Tim, this is very common for the 920 to show driveways in rural areas. The one third TT does not show driveways though.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I wouldn't say it is "very common" throughout the country. It is common in specific localized areas, but not as a whole.
  • I wouldn't say it is "very common" throughout the country. It is common in specific localized areas, but not as a whole.
    That's what I meant when I say rural areas where houses have long driveways and spaced apart. Won't show this in cities just country side specially here.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I think the other area I saw it was a suburb in Kentucky.
  • hudel 0 Points
    Well, similar errors exits in far less rural errors:

In gated communities in SoCal, gates that have long be closed for any traffic (5+ years ago) are still shown as regular roads, leading to wrong routing.