This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

storing temps

mikelep 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I live in Chicago (for now) and it can get pretty hot in the summer, what is the storing temps that I can leave my TT1 in the car? I beleive on the box it says (it's not in front of me) but I have no clue how hot it really gets in my car, especially since I roll up my windows everytime I leave it. What is a good rule of thumb?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    (I'm moving this post to the TomTom forum)

Here is what the manual says:

Standard Operation: 14° - 131°
    Short Storage: -4° - 140°
    Long Storage: -4° - 77°

From what I've read, on days where it is 100° outside a car parked in the sun can reach about 120° - 150°. So you should be safe. To play it safe and to not tip off thieves quite so much I'll typically put the GPS in my glove compartment or otherwise out of direct sight.
  • mikelep 0 Points
    any definations as to what is "long storage" and "short storage"? Meaning how long, and I always put things away when I'm gone.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    It doesn't say. I would guess short term would be a few hours while long term would be more than a day.