This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TomTom advice (TomTom ONE vs TomTom 910)

Ace21 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I am currently in the market for a GPS device and from the reseach I've read, I am pretty sure that I want to go with a TomTom. I've heard that all TomToms have reliable maps and great, easy-to-use features. My only problem is deciding between the ONE and the 910-- there is a pretty big difference in price and I want to know what I would be missing out on by not purchasing the 910. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Here are some of the differences to consider.

• The 910 has a 4 inch screen compared to the 3.5 inch on the ONE.
    • The 910 has maps of North America and Europe included compared to just North America on the ONE.
    • The 910 can perform hands free calling via Bluetooth. While the ONE has Bluetooth it is used just for connecting to data services.
    • The 910 has a big hard drive with extra space; you can use that extra space to store and play MP3 music.
    • The 910 has an iPod connector.
    • The 910 has text-to-speech... It will say "In 100 yards turn right on Main Street" instead of just "In 100 yards turn right".
    • The ONE is much smaller.

You can see a few more of the details, a side-by-side comparison of the 910 and the ONE here:

http://www.gpsreview.net/compare-gps/?gps=913-962
  • Ace21 0 Points
    Thanks for the quick response Tim. It sounds like the 910 definitely has more features on it but I think for my purposes, I would only really need the basics that a ONE comes with. Going by your own experience and those of others, would you say that people are generally happy with this model?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Yes, Most everyone I've talked to that has purchased the TomTom ONE has been really happy with it. The only complaint I hear about it is that it doesn't come with text-to-speech. However for a device of that size and price I wouldn't really consider it a "miss" for not having text-to-speech.
  • Ace21 0 Points
    Thanks for the feedback Tim, but I'm now thinking that since TT has dropped the price of the 910, I may live it up and go for it as it seems to be the most popular model anyways and I would like to have the text-to-speech option.. Again, thanks for the detailed comparisons, I appreciate it!