This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan 6000T, TomTom 710 or Garmin C330

jbloom459 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I'm really green to the world of GPS's. This is going to be a gift for my wife, who only through shear repitition can drive herself to and from work without a map.

I've looked at several products. I initially liked the TomTom but was a bit concerned in all the "out dated map" issues I was hearing about. I looked at the Garmin products, but kept coming back to TomTom. Then, the other day while in Walmart I saw the Magellan 6000T. I started searching on it and reading reviews and the such and I think I'm switching my preference to this one. I don't really care about mp3 playing or even picture viewing. But I do like the bluetooth options and the POI's. It seems the Megellan is the better product. And I read one review that said if you loose the touchscreen functionality, you can still use the unit with the buttons. I always like a fallback option.

Anyway, what do you think of these options? I can't figure out how to get the compare on these, so if someone else does, that would be great. Thanks for your time!

John

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    The TomTom 710 which you listed in the subject line isn't available in the USA. It looks like you are in the USA based on your profile. The TomTom 700 is available in the USA, it is a slightly older model.

Here is a link where you can compare the Magellan RoadMate 6000T, TomTom 700, and Garmin c330.

As far as current maps go... Pretty much every GPS device has outdated GPS maps. The situation is slowly getting better and for the most part maps are accurate.

Let us know your questions after looking at the comparison.
  • I knew it was one of those TomTom's that was Europe.. oh well, I'd also looked at the 910. Well, after looking at the comparisons, it still looks like I'm leaning towards the Magellan 6000T. Amazon has it for $554.00.

Thanks for the comparison! Is this something I can do?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Thanks for the comparison! Is this something I can do?
    Almost, check out this post for the details.

For TomTom devices in the USA in the same series as the 710, check out the TomTom 510 and the TomTom 910. The TomTom ONE is also available in the USA.