This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

How do the map updates work

kpence73 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I am new to Navigon and I don't understand how these updates work. On the website, you can download "updates". Are these software updates with the latest map? or do they have older maps and you have to pay to update your map? I have to send back my 8100 because of a hot pixel on the screen and while on the phone, the cust serv rep told me that I would be sent a link to download the new update in January, will it have new maps with it? I guess my point is I don't understand the need for FreshMaps if Navigon provides updates with new maps. Or is FreshMaps for older units? Do you automatically get x number of updates when you first buy the unit?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Application updates (to address bugs and sometimes add new features) are free and offered periodically. Map updates are separate and not free. The FreshMaps package (up to 12 map updates over three years time for about $79) is the best map update program in the GPS industry.
  • Application updates (to address bugs and sometimes add new features) are free and offered periodically. Map updates are separate and not free. The FreshMaps package (up to 12 map updates over three years time for about $79) is the best map update program in the GPS industry.
    So if I download an update, there is no map so I need to make sure to copy my map over to my SD card as well as the update.... I have a Mac so I have to do everything manually.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    If you are just replacing the existing application it shouldn't impact the map. Those will likely be separate files. (At least the last time I checked on a Navigon.)