This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Map and software updates with Mac OS.

evanja 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I just got a Navigon 2200t. I'm trying to figure out how to update the software and maps. The website says that mac users need to download new maps to the sd card. It appears that many of the Navigon devices come with an sd card. The 2200t does not come with an sd card. Can I use any sd card to do it? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• I just got a Navigon 2200t. I'm trying to figure out how to update the software and maps. The website says that mac users need to download new maps to the sd card. It appears that many of the Navigon devices come with an sd card. The 2200t does not come with an sd card. Can I use any sd card to do it? Any help is appreciated.
    Since Navigon Fresh is only a Windows app right now, you won't be able to use that unless you have Parallels. When I connected my 8100 to my MacBookPro, it wouldn't find the unit for some reason, so I had to go buy a new SD card (4 gig) with a card reader. They are relatively cheap right now, I paid about $20 for a micro SDHC with the SD adapter and USB reader. Your Mac will see it is a drive and you can drag and drop the maps and software to it. You can get the software from the Navigon site if you can't get your Mac to see the 2200t.

If you have Parallels, you still can't connect your unit to the computer because of a problem with how Parallels connects USB drives to the guest OS, BUT you can still use the card reader and Navigon Fresh will work with that no problem.