This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

8100t POI update

Douchebug 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Pretty cool. Just updated the new firmware for 8100t and it added a bunch more poi's. Now Home Depot shows up and a lot more local stuff near my house that wasn't there before.

I'm not sure of the amount of poi's it added or anything else that the update changed but Home Depot alone was worth the update. I didn't check if Sam's or Costco or even Lowes is there since none of them are near my location.

The only downside to this update is my screen is cluttered with a few more POI icons on the map screen.
Wish Navigon would move those icons off the middle of the road and more to side so the colored route while navigating doesn't make them so hard to see.

Comments

• You were able to do an update? I have an 8100T and it told me that I already had the latest version of software (7.3.2) and maps....

Alex
  • I wish Navigon would get its act together and coordinate all its departments before rushing off in a direction before they're fully prepared. Case in point.... Their website now says that 4th Qtr 2008 maps are now available, but when I use Navigon Fresh to download it (I know that my 8100T has 3Q08 maps in it cuz it says so on the info screen), Fresh tells me that no new updates are available. It seems like the latest machines (5200, 7200, 8100) are always the last to get anything updated IMHO. Heck, the 5200T and the 8100T are not even listed on THIS forum's title screen and the machines have been out a couple of months already....

Alex
  • Alex,
    Don't worry. You have the latest that I have installed.
    I just installed the 7.3.2 which I didn't have before. It just now told me there was an update that needed to be installed.
    It is weird how just this weekend it told me that. I have had the unit for about a month now and up until now there were no updates.

Are you not getting the Home Depot icons?
    The only thing I see different with the 7.3.2 update is more POI's.

Didn't mean to confuse you but that is the update it just let me installed. So in your case you already had it. It just "now" let me do it.
  • Yeah, I do have the Home Depot POIs. I think it's because I got my 8100T in December that I have the latest software version.

Alex
  • Strange. I got mine in January and didn't have that update.
  • Yeah, I do have the Home Depot POIs. I think it's because I got my 8100T in December that I have the latest software version.

Alex
    Yeah and Navigon SWEARS that update doesn't exist. I had a hardware problem with mine and they replaced it with the EU model and my SD card didn't work with the EU model. The insisted that I had installed OLD software on the card manually when I didn't. I told them Fresh had updated my software and I was told that was IMPOSSIBLE because there had been no update for the 8100 since it hit the market. I told them it went from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2 and was told there was no such update....

Anyway....there is.

I am convinced that they read scripts based on what a customer says to them. Sometimes I don't think they really listen to what the customer is trying to tell them.

Alex

Yeah and Navigon SWEARS that update doesn't exist. I had a hardware problem with mine and they replaced it with the EU model and my SD card didn't work with the EU model. The insisted that I had installed OLD software on the card manually when I didn't. I told them Fresh had updated my software and I was told that was IMPOSSIBLE because there had been no update for the 8100 since it hit the market. I told them it went from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2 and was told there was no such update....

Anyway....there is.

I am convinced that they read scripts based on what a customer says to them. Sometimes I don't think they really listen to what the customer is trying to tell them.
    They probably all speak German and listen phonetically....lol