This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Several issues with MN7 and 8100T

kpence73 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Here is a summary:

1) It seems my location is not correctly calibrated. I will pass a road and 3-5 seconds later, my location icon will pass the road on the unit.

2) If I stop within 4-5 car lengths of an intersection, the unit will "spin" around putting me on the different sides of the intersection until I start to move. Shouldn't it remember which direction I was going? My TomTom did.

3) Panoramic 3D view option is now gone in the map display settings. My unit is in Panoramic 3D view by default, but now I can't take it out of that view to test to see if that would clear up problem #1.

4) The speed reported by my unit is 5mph faster than I am driving. Speedometer says 45mph, the 8100 says 50mph. I know my speedometer is correct.

Comments

• Sounds like you have a software glitch with the 8100T. One or more of the config .xml's may be corrupted. I think you should contact tech support for a fix.

Alex
  • Sounds like you have a software glitch with the 8100T. One or more of the config .xml's may be corrupted. I think you should contact tech support for a fix.

Alex
    This is my 3rd 8100 unit, and 2nd SD card from support and they all did it.
  • myzhi 0 Points
    Sounds like you have a software glitch with the 8100T. One or more of the config .xml's may be corrupted. I think you should contact tech support for a fix.

Alex

In GPS status, how many satellite locks do you have?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Kpence - Do you live anywhere near Area 51? This is sounding like one of the great mysteries of the Universe.

That's all I've got....sorry. :lol:

Alex

In GPS status, how many satellite locks do you have?
    usually 8-12
  • gdp 0 Points
    Sounds like you have a software glitch with the 8100T. One or more of the config .xml's may be corrupted. I think you should contact tech support for a fix.

Alex

Sorry for my morbid curiosity, but why did you get 3 8100T unit ?

GDP--