- Last Active
- Member, Expert
Win10 is known to have issues with some Garmin devices in mtp mode. The normal fix is to set your device to mass storage mode. To do so:
1. Start NUVI by itself and go to Volume Screen.
2. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
3. The Developers Screen will pop up
(may see Configuration and Settings, if so select it)
4. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS
5. Change from AUTO DETECT to MASS STORAGE
6. Shut down NUVI and connect to PC
7. It should now connect in mass storage mode.
I suggest you ask where you bought it from.
Yes, I thought of OSM mapping too, especially as the ad mentions limited postcode search, since nuvis in UK have provided full postcode search for many years now. If I get any more info I'll post back.
No, if it's shutting down that indicates a low battery. Charge it and then try garmincure3 ... it is I believe the only way to resolve your issue other than returning it to Garmin for repair.
Well that's a strange question ...
If you know the route from your home to the town centre is there any need for you to worry about this?