- Last Active
- Member, Expert
Win10 is known to have issues with some Garmin devices in mtp mode. The normal fix is to set your device to mass storage mode. To do so:
1. Start NUVI by itself and go to Volume Screen.
2. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
3. The Developers Screen will pop up
(may see Configuration and Settings, if so select it)
4. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS
5. Change from AUTO DETECT to MASS STORAGE
6. Shut down NUVI and connect to PC
7. It should now connect in mass storage mode.
Yep, got it, thanks. I'll email them later
Can't help with 1) but for 2) run Express and look under optional updates, download the English voices which include British, US and Australian voices.
Have you actually entered that address then? It works for me. Or are you simply relying on the postcode, which is often a general area and not a specific address?
You might consider future use of those maps and/or future countries you may visit. If you plan to visit Europe a lot it may be best to download the whole map, cheaper than buying Greece/Italy first then adding other countries later. Or consider buying the SD card version, which you could then sell on your return to recoup some of your outlay. Note that neither the card nor the download can be updated later.