Anyone have the Navigon 5100? Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:13 am
Hey all, first post...
I went to look at the Navigon 2100 today and decided for an extra hundred to pick up the 5100.
Does anyone have it? Have any opinions about Navigon? I read the review of the 7100. The 5100 seems like a good deal at $300 especially with the free traffic since I'm near NYC. I have previously owned Navman, Delphi, Garmin and Magellean. I was wondering how it stacks up before I open it.
Joined: 13 Nov 2007 Posts: 19 Location: New Jersey
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:24 pm
I bought the Navigon 5100 yesterday and I'm on the fence to return it or not. I really like my moms Nuvi 350, but this one was on sale at Staples, and I got it for $300 cheaper then the nuvi.
Pros so far:
- Real time exit thing is kinda cool
- POIs on map have real symbols
- 3D mode is easy to follow
- Smooth while making turns, and normal following
- Cheaper price wise
Cons so far:
- Sometimes takes a while to find satalights - worries me for tunnels and stuff
- POIs are hard to browse through
- Keypad letters are smaller then nuvi, and sometimes makes it hard to type in destinations
- The mount isn't good quality
- Maps are SD card, not fully built-in like the nuvi
I'm looking all around for reviews too... I'll be driving to Myrtle beach, SC for thanks giving, so I guess that'll be the ultimate test. My 14th day is the day after I get back...
I was reading a little about it last night and having to have a separate antenna for the traffic is less appealing than one that runs via bluetooth in my opinion. But free is free. I decided if i like it but the traffic feature is so-so then i am going to return it for the 2100.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum